Saturday 5 August 2017

The wanderer returns

Hi, yes, I am still here and haven't fallen off the top of a mountain or anything!
I have been having one of those years where things have been confusing, difficult, stressful or just downright exasperating! Kind of lost the explorer mojo for a while. 

However, think it is returning. As I was always told when growing up, time to put on the big girl panties and deal with it!

So this is a bit of a catch up, next few posts will be mainly pics while I wait and plan something interesting to tell you all about! I thank you for your patience.

Beth has finished Uni (she got a first!, we are so proud) so we have had a few days out. First one was as Blists Hill, the Ironbridge Gorge Museum.



This is a fabulous working Victorian Village, complete with dentist, bank, chemist, locksmith and so much more.

Full Ironbridge Details here It is an amazing place to visit, with so much to see, you can easily spend a whole day.



Gorgeous dress shop showing the authentic fashions of the day.


Fabulous place of course is the photographers! You can actually dress up in Victorian costume and have a vintage style photo taken. We declined on this visit!

Favourite place, and a definite must do, is the bakers where they bake fresh bread certain times of the day. Beth and I were lucky enough to be first in line and picked up an old fashioned loaf still warm from the oven. We thought we would just break the ends off to try it, but found ourselves polishing off the whole darn thing! And very good it was too!


This is the printers shop. They use the original hot metal type in their letterpress machines. This takes me back to my early years when I did an apprenticeship at a printers and just caught the end of the moveable type! Nostalgia!

Also having searched high and low and only recently found a printer's tray, I was amazed to see them just casually strewn around the shop! Very covetous!


Talking of Printer's trays, don't think I ever showed you my completed Eccentric Explorers Library Showcase. Took a long time, but am so pleased with it.

This was in the Post Office. On looking through my pictures I am finding I have gone more for detail than an overall view, so I have no photos of shop fronts or streets to show you! But I will be going back again, often, so hopefully you will get to see more.


Fire Buckets. 


Locksmith.


And my personal favourite photograph, oil guages!


So after heading back to the bakery to buy some good old fashioned currant buns, Beth and I called it a day.

Lessons Learned: museums can be fun! 
There is nothing better to cheer the soul than old fashioned bread, still warm from the oven, pulled apart with fingers and eaten while sitting in a garden with someone you love!

Diet Diary: Apart from half a loaf of hot bread, not doing too badly. Been very up and down this year, mostly up if I am honest! Struggled to get the Florida weight off, and yes I know that was a year ago. But then there has been Christmas, birthdays, Easter and every excuse I can come up with! But when I realised I was having to wear very big girl panties, I knew something had to be done. So new diet started. 3 camera bags to lose (3 x 10lb) and 9lb gone in the first already. Go Sharon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment