Tuesday 10 April 2018

No excuses

Yes, I know, it's been ages and I really have no defence. This poor excuse for a blog has been woefully neglected and I need to make amends.

So firstly, quick catch up. Still working at Mountain Warehouse, still getting out as much as horrendous weather will allow and still battling, currently unsuccessfully, with my weight! Same Old.

Major change however is that I now have a shiny new camera. Upgraded the trusty Canon 700D to a lovely new 6D mark 2. Taken the plunge and gone full frame! Eek! And the difference to the quality of the photos is just staggering. I am loving it.

Got a chance to take it out for a full days outing yesterday taking advantage of the most glorious day we have had this year. Headed to Bala in crisp sunlight but with occasional low mists.


The mist dropped over Llyn Tegid just as I stopped there, and I just loved the washed out ethereal look it gave.




But I am getting such clarity and depth of colour with the new kit, I am having to do very little editing which is fabulous.

On then to Llyn Celyn. The small settlement of Celyn was flooded in the early 1960's to create a reservoir to supply Merseyside with water. It's a beautiful place with a very quiet and slightly haunting atmosphere, knowing that people's homes are now buried below 140ft of water.



And it would appear that the ghost of someone's pet bunny has come back as a cloud to watch over it's former home. Or is that just me?




The water was like a mirror and the reflections just gorgeous. There wasn't a sound in the air apart from birdsong and I was standing in warm sunlight with a beautiful tranquil lake in front of me, backed by forests and mountains and I asked myself is there a better place on earth to be. Of course the answer came back yes, so I then went to Criccieth. Will show you those pics shortly.



So I am driving around the lake and for most of the journey, this is my view. Blue skies, wispy clouds and a very definite landscape. Go round the next bend and then...


..the mist drops and is reflected in the lake, shrouding the hills in a delicate floaty robe. Just gorgeous. I almost expected a hand to rise from the centre of the lake holding a sword! (I should here be making a Game of Thrones reference, but I am one of the 5 people in the UK who have never watched it!)

Lessons Learned: I must not leave it so long between outings and blogs. On my trip I remembered just why I love getting out there. It's all too easy to get stuck back in the rut of not doing anything and I don't want that. And now I have some fabulous new kit, there really is no excuse. The hair is a bit tame at the moment too, so that needs pinking up a bit and then there is no stopping me!

Diet Diary: I have worked out that my downfall is actually weighing myself. If i don't see dramatic weight loss then I tend to get downhearted and console myself in Cadwaladers. So new plan is not to weigh but just go on how my clothes feel. Wish me luck!



2 comments:

  1. Well welcome back to the land of blogging Sharon. New gear as well, not that I thought your other photographs weren't good, they were. I hope I have expressed that right.

    I upgraded last year. but am sticking with Olympus.

    Good to see you are starting to get out and about again, maybe we will bump into each other sometime, although I've not been in Snowdonia much, this past year. Doing a lot more photography in big cities, not that you would know that from my blog. Not street though, looking for graffiti, architecture, interesting buildings, etc.

    Once again, good to see you are out and about again, enjoying your photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike. It's been long overdue, both the exploring again and the new kit. And I shall look out for you in all the beautiful photogenic places!

      Delete