Friday 15 September 2017

Stern talking to

Right. Come on Sharon. Bum in gear. Let's stop faffing around making excuses and get out there!

Oh, but everywhere is crowded. It's too hot. It's raining. I have housework to do. OK that last one never happened, but you get the gist.

It was when I found myself digging out the comfy jogging bottoms and cardis that I realised that something had to be done. And soon.

So first opportunity after the holidays, out I went. Ease myself in gradually I think, so back to Criccieth.

Going back for the first time in ages was like reconnecting with an old friend. Since my last visit I had joined Cadw, the Welsh Heritage Association, so decided to visit the Castle.

As you know I have been to Criccieth about 427 times, and so the challenge as always is to find a fresh approach. 


















So this is the view from the top, looking down onto the town and all the beautifully coloured houses. The sun was hovering, the clouds made an interesting sky and the rain kept off. But by heavens it was blowy at the top.



This is the view on the other side of the Castle, looking down onto the jetty with a couple of people precariously close to the end and the waves, admiring the view one assumes! Lovely to see the water that colour.

Regular readers will know that my hair has been a variety of colours over the last couple of years and is currently shades of purple. (went a bit overboard with Plum and it completely covered Flamingo!) I love it and what I hope it says about me, but at the top of the Castle, it was so windy and my hair kept going in my eyes. So I decided to put on my hat and it was awful. It was almost like wearing a mask, covering up an important part of what I am. It was the strangest feeling, almost an anonymity, so the hat came off! I have never been one to seek the limelight, but I like the feeling of being a bit different that the unicorn hair gives me!

Not sure what I am going to do when it gets really cold! Do they make see through hats?! I'll Google it.



I love this view from the Castle, through the arrow slits (apparently that is the official name because Google said so, although it doesn't sound grand enough). You can imagine that that is exactly the same view the archers would have had when the Castle was built. Keeping away those marauding English, nothing but trouble them!

After the Castle, I followed the railway tracks for a while. Not taken up train spotting yet, but I hadn't done it before, so I thought I would see what I found. And I found this by the crossing.


















These gorgeous little pyramid stones with a sprig desperately trying to grow through the rubble. I am sure there is a metaphor for life there somewhere!



This is probably another metaphor, something along the lines that everything will end up in rust and decay anyway, so make the most of everything before that happens! But I do love a bit of rust!

So exploration started, new adventure beginning, cobwebs blown away and comfy trousers relegated to the back of the wardrobe!

Lessons Learned: Life is full of adventure and exploration. You never know what or who is around the corner, so take off the comfy clothes, grab your boots and discover what you are capable of! You won't be disappointed.

Diet Diary: You had to spoil an uplifting moment and ask didn't you! Well, don't. Not yet. We'll get there. Eventually. Still going with voluptuous, and after the selfies, quite frankly, ravishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment