Tuesday 7 July 2015

Criccieth and Hell's Mouth


Back to my Go To Places for a bit of Zen top up. Much as I love exploring new areas, I still have the need to revisit my favourites. Which, as we all know, are Criccieth and Hell's Mouth.

So Criccieth first. Got an early start which was great, but it rained practically the whole journey there which was a bit worrying. Whilst I never worry about getting wet (up to my bottom in water before now) my camera is not so keen! Still, someone was smiling down on me as it stopped about 5mins away and kept away the rest of the day.
The mission today was to take photographs that I'd never taken before. Looking at different views, different angles or just finding new bits I might have missed before.




The tide was quite far out and I have never been able to walk to the far end of the jetty before. So the above pic is looking up at the castle from the jetty steps.



And these are the jetty steps I was looking up from. Usually I would be waist high in water here, so this was definitely a different angle.





This is part of the sea wall and I have honestly never noticed the iron fence before. Must have been climbing with my eyes shut. It is so beautifully rusted, and the rust has spread to the boulders behind it. Absolutely fantastic textures.





This from a bit further down the beach, but picking up all the seaweed and green stuff (don't know what it is) growing along the fencing. Played around with colours a bit on Lightroom to add a bit more colour as at this point it was a very dull day.

So feeling quite pleased with myself I move on to Hell's Mouth. The Magic Seaweed forecast said 4-6ft waves so was quite hopeful of a bit of wild sea. It was wildish but I've seen it wilder and it was extremely windy. So ear phones in, Sam Smith at full blast and away I went.







Its quite difficult to take different photos here as it is only the sea that changes and I have got pics from completely flat to insanely wild. The only thing usually missing from my pics are people as there generally aren't any around, unless they are surfing and I've got loads of them!






I followed this couple along the beach for quite a bit and it was lovely to watch them walking hand in hand seemingly oblivious of the drama around them.
After a while I came across a delightful group of kids having a surfing or body boarding lesson!





 So far so good. Had a bit of time left so ventured into Abersoch. Driven through it but never really stopped and looked around.
Have you ever been anywhere where the people are all extremely "Cool" I don't mean all the beautiful young people parading around in their cozzies (although they were, but it was hardly the weather for it) but the pavement cafe's and shops were full of the effortlessly cool and stylish! I had started to think that I was becoming "cool" with my arty hobbies and my pink hair, but I don't think it is something you can become and I left with a small illusion shattered.  






Having said all that, Abersoch is a very lovely little town and well worth a visit. There is probably a restaurant, bar or coffee shop for every day of the year and more beach clothes than you can shake a stick at. Plus a Cadwaladers!

So time to head home via Criccieth for another quick look at the sea, and en-route I miss the turning again and end up in Dolgellau! I don't know how many times I have travelled that road and to get it wrong twice is completely unbelievable. Next time I am using the Sat Nav.

Lessons Learned: Having pink hair does not make me cool. It makes me a woman with pink hair!

Revisit favourite haunts but look at them with fresh eyes.

Diet Diary: Weigh in today and 4.5lbs off! Thats 7lb in 3 weeks which I am really thrilled with, bearing in mind I put on last week. So determined to keep this going now.

2 comments:

  1. Some great pics here. Love the looking along the retaining wall one. Go you with the healthy lifestyle. Again inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The healthy lifestyle isn't easy as I do love my cake, but I'm trying!

      Delete