Wednesday 29 July 2015

On my holidays

I am currently sitting in Starbucks at the Hafon y Mor Park just outside Pwllheli, amusing myself with a grande mocha while waiting for the kids who are swimming. Not tempted myself, the world has only just got over the shock of me in shorts, a cossie might be pushing my luck!
Due to the wonder that is wi-fi I have decided to blog. I am on my new tablet which has some  very strange ideas about predictive text so please excuse any unexpected words!
I was lucky to be able to get a day out yesterday and so headed towards Anglesey. I stopped en - route at Trefor where I have been a few times.





It's a great place and the conditions were wild today. I just love the derelict pier here and wonder why nothing has been done about it. It was very cold and windy and the seas were rough. The tide was also in a lot further than I had seen before.




I am still finding it hard to believe that it is July! It was really cold and although I have been out in much colder weather I am usually dressed in more than a light summer jacket!
A word here about the photos. I am editing on my tablet and although I am using the Lightroom Mobile software I don't like it as much as the version I have at home. You can't seem to do as much. I miss not having graduated filters and an editing brush. I will probably have to look around for a different version of something. Recommendations appreciated.

So off to Anglesey.  Crossed over the Menai Bridge. Love that bridge, so grand and beautiful.






Plas Newydd is another National Trust property. Really getting  my money's worth out of the membership! It over looks the Menai Straits with views over Snowdonia, really beautiful. 





 There is a red squirrel woodland and I have to admit to never having seen a real red squirrel before so being able to not only see one but to take a pic of 2 is fantastic. They also were kind enough to scamper into my field of vision and stay still for a couple of seconds. Really don't think I have the patience to be a wildlife photographer!






The gardens are really lovely and very well tended. We have had a lot of rain recently and although it wasn't raining then, there were loads of drops on the flowers which looked really pretty. This was a large fern bush and it looked like it was covered in diamonds!





The following plant was such an interesting pattern and I really liked it against the rustic pot.



The house itself is very different to the usual stately home in as much as it was redesigned in the 1930's to be a comfortable family home and it really is one that you can imagine real people living in. My favourite room is the study. The last Lord Anglesey died in 2013 and although the house had been given to the National Trust long before then,  the family still lived there. So when he died the NT decided not to touch the chaos that was the study but just to leave it for visitors to experience. Good choice!





Makes me feel a bit better about my craft room!




So after a great day, an evening stroll along the coast by the park and a really pretty sunset.




I am sure eventually it will get easier with the tablet but at the moment it is doing stuff I don't want it to and then not doing what it is told! This is taking twice as long as usual! Oh well, guess it's yet another learning curve.

Lessons learned: I am not as technologically minded as I like to think I am. Just because I own a tablet like the "cool young people" I am still a silver surfer no matter how much I try to kid myself otherwise!

Diet diary: Oh come on, I'm on my holibobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment