Thursday 17 December 2015

Cambrian Railway Museum


Definition of panic: The look on your hairdresser's face when you turn up for your appointment a day early.

Definition of embarrassing: See above.

So I had a bit of unexpected free time, and right opposite the salon is the Cambrian Railway Museum, in Oswestry. Never actually been in it, but have parked in their car park for many years, so decided to explore. 


The Museum itself was shut, but there was lots to see outside. During normal opening hours the admission is free which is such a rarity these days!





I have mentioned Blipfoto in earlier posts and I am completely addicted to the photo a day scenario. So much so that I am actually hosting a weekly challenge now. It is specifically for photos with a derelict theme, so thought I would get in early! Plenty to choose from here.


















I am loving getting more to grips with Lightroom, as with minimal tweaking, you can give a picture a completely different feel. For the above shot, it worked better in mono and I tried to make the contrast really strong to give a more vintage appearance.


















I am still struggling to get the depth of field right tho. I am pleased with how the post and the cobwebs came out, but would have liked the background more blurry, I guess it will come with practice.

Regular readers will know that I do favour a bit of clambering on my trips, but unfortunately there was nothing available here, just a quick sidle past a no entry sign. I guess that will just have to satisfy the wild side for now!





Unfortunately I think there is going to have to be a lot of work done to renovate some of the railway stock here, bearing in mind that I believe it is just a group of volunteers, but well done them for even attempting it.





So back to the hairdressers tomorrow, at the correctly designated time, for the introduction of Rich Raspberry into my hair. Got to love the pink!

Lessons Learned: Have the sense to actually check the diary before leaving the house. 

Diet Diary: What, this close to Christmas, I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment