Sunday 20 December 2015

Showing Off

Because I usually have to apologize for things I have done, it makes a nice change to have the opportunity to show off about them!
I recently entered a photograph in a competition in The Observer New Review. It was about sharing pictures on the theme of Heaven.
My immediate thought of my idea of heaven is to be walking down a deserted beach while the elements battled around me, which brought me to one of my surfer pictures that I had always been very pleased with.






The Newspaper people seemed to like it as much as I did as they sent me an e-mail last week saying that it may be printed in today's paper, no guarantees.

So the last 2 days went by very slowly and I was waiting on the doorstep of Tesco as it opened. Found the Observer and flicked through. It may seem churlish but at £2.90 a copy I wasn't going to buy one if I wasn't in it. My hands were shaking and I could barely turn the pages, but there it was on page 38! I may have whooped, I can't honestly remember as it is all a bit of a blur. I do remember walking around Tesco with an inane grin on my face clutching 2 copies of the paper (one to show around, one to stroke).
So here it is.




You are now reading the musings of the terminally unfit, but nationally published, photographer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment