Thursday 31 December 2015

Chester


Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. We had the usual, too much food, not enough exercise and an overwhelming sense of well being!

We used the poor weather as an excuse not to get out but a few days after, the rain stopped and the sun came out so we decided to venture out into the great outdoors. Only as far as Chester tho!

Dropped the girls off shopping while Carl and I had a wander along the river. It was very high.




Nothing major is flooded in this area, we are extremely lucky and all thoughts go out to everyone who is suffering because of all the rain.





I am loathe to complain about the sun as we don't see it often enough, but it was very bright and very low and I was the wrong side of the river, having to shoot straight into it, so desperate measures were called for. Well, no, actually we just crossed over the bridge and came down the other side of the river.





I can't believe the sky tho, pure bright blue, made such a nice change from all the grey we have been having recently.

The other side of the Dee is uncharted territory for me so it was fabulous to be able to wander around and discover new treasures.




Just loved this sign lurking in the undergrowth. Had to do a fair bit of clambering to get to it and a bit of precarious balancing on the bank, but so worth it. Then as if that wasn't enough, came across this old waterwheel which didn't look like its been used for a long time.




Then back over the bridge to familiar territory. Not the most exciting day I've ever had, but so nice just to get out, enjoy the weather and walk off at least one sprout!

I would like to wish everyone who has read and commented on all my nonsense a wonderful and action packed 2016 and to thank everyone who has helped me during this fabulous year. 


Lessons Learned: It just goes to show that even with a place you go to regularly, there is always something new to find if you look close enough.
You have to walk a long way to burn off Christmas Pud.

Diet Diary: Monday. Been given a Fabulous Christmas Card with a picture of the summit of Snowdon on it reminding me that earlier this year, I was there. It brought it home to me that I couldn't do it now, weight has gone up and fitness levels down. So with renewed determination, diet diary will be back up and running from the 4th. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment