Wednesday 17 June 2015

A change of Plan

I have attempted to walk around Llyn Idwal 4 times so far, and its either been too icy or too windy so today was going to be the day. It was a bit cloudy when I left home, but ok. However, the closer I got and the higher the road went, the lower the clouds were until when I got there, visibility was extremely poor and I had to admit that there was no way I was going to safely negotiate the walk. It had also started drizzling which was no fun.

So plan B, head for lower ground, so Betws-y-coed beckoned. I had done the 5 bridges walk before and enjoyed it, so thought to pay a return visit.

Regular readers will know that I can't go to Betws without calling in for coffee and cake at Cadwaladers, but last night I had my first Slimming World Meeting and weigh in, which was a bit of a shock! So will power is fully charged and I sat there with my black coffee. I decided rather than avoid Cadwaladers, I would go in and look temptation in the eye and prove just how strong I have become! No one was more surprised than me when it worked! I think this whole believing in myself nonsense is starting to sink in!

The walk takes you along the river and beside the golf course where there were quite a few players, despite the poor weather. Its quite a gentle walk, most of it suitable for all abilities and is quite pretty.




Because the conditions were dull, the sky was characterless, so I have had to do a fair bit of editing just to get something in there. I took the exposure right down and then highlighted detail with the adjustment brush, which I think worked.





Actually, the best part of the walk is the White Bridge. This is a suspension bridge across the river and as you walk across it, it bounces. It is the weirdest feeling!




I had intended to have a full day hiking, but the weather was poor and I was worried about the camera, so headed back to the car. 





It is obviously a very old tree and was cut down and just left, which seemed very sad, but I am sure there must have been a good reason for doing it.

I thought on the way home I would detour to Llechwedd to have a look at the zip wire and see if I really fancied it, but unfortunately the clouds were still very low so couldn't see a thing. I think I have convinced myself to go for it tho.

Time for home along a much travelled road, except that I ended up in Dolgellau. I have absolutely no idea how I managed that, as its not as if the roads are unfamiliar to me now. I think I get so caught up in planning my next adventure, I forget to pay attention to the road and miss turnings. Not safe to be let out. 

Going to try somewhere new for my next adventure. Might have the opportunity for a night away so am going south, possibly the Pembrokeshire Coast. Should be exciting.

Lessons Learned:  I am trying to do at least one completely out of character and outrageous thing every month. So watch this space, I am either going to have the time of my life, kill myself or get myself arrested!

I do possess will power, if I can go into Cadwaladers and not eat cake, I am better than I give myself credit for.

Diet Diary: Only Day 1, but feeling good, strong and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment