Saturday 29 August 2015

Blipping Photos

I wanted to tell you about a milestone I have just hit. I have just blipped my 100th blip!
For those of you who think I have finally lost the plot, let me explain. 
Blipfoto is an internet thing where you produce a photographic journal, basically taking a photo every day and posting it. You can write about it or just post the photo. You have the opportunity to comment on other peoples photographs and have them comment on yours.
This is My blipfoto page. I call myself Maisiebeth in case there is any confusion.
I posted my first picture on the 18th of May after much deliberation.


















I was concerned that having to take a photo everyday would prove to be too demanding. To be perfectly honest it has been challenging at times and I think my photography has improved because of it. It really focusses the mind and makes you look at things in a completely different way.

On a day when I couldn't get out at all, I blipped Al, my ted.
The challenge was to still make it a good picture and not just an "it'll do snap". So I arranged him as best I could, gave him a pretty background which I tweaked in Lightroom and let the world in on my secret cuddle!




Over the 100 days I have started to follow other photographers and got a fair few followers in return which is lovely and every single comment I have had has been kind. No harsh criticism on this site! As I follow people, I have made the obligation to view and comment on their work which can be time consuming but I have learned such a lot from other peoples interpretations.




There is Abstract Thursday and the above is my first ever attempt at doing abstract. That is a whole new avenue for me, never tried that before and really enjoyed it. The picture is actually of torch being shone through a blue glass bottle and then edited a bit to take away some of the detail.

Blip isn't just for serious photographers. Some people just take snaps of their everyday life and use it more as a diary, which is great. Some just post pics and don't comment, but being generally nosey, I like to know about the picture and why it was taken. You meet some very interesting people and some excellent photographers.






This was taken at Ty Mawr Country Park in Wrexham on a beautiful summers day and was one of my most popular photos. Although the one that has had the most views and comments is the tree I blogged about a few days ago, my black and white nightmare tree.

One of the very best things about Blipping for me is that when I get up in the morning, I have absolutely no idea what my blip for the day will be and that is very exciting.

Lessons Learned: I do seem to have a bit of a creative imagination! I am being brave with my creativity and surprisingly, sometimes it actually works! I can do Art, so there, Mrs Icke, art teacher from school!

Diet Diary: D-Day, September 8th, waddle back to Slimming World. Making the most of it till then!



No comments:

Post a Comment