Monday 11 January 2016

New Year, New Challenges

Last year was all about discovering a new and exciting me. About pushing all the boundaries and seeing what sort of person I became. Had a few wobbly moments, but on the whole am very happy with how it all turned out.
Now all I have got to do is decide what to do with the new me!
So I have started off with a few new challenges. First one is another photography challenge. This is through Flickr and is called 52 in 2016. Basically a theme is assigned for every week and you enter a photo fitting that theme. This week has been "reflections" and this is what I entered.




Taken by the canal in Ellesmere and just tweaked a tad in Lightroom.

Next week is "minimalist" and I haven't got a clue at the moment. I think this one is going to be a real voyage of discovery.

2nd challenge is the 1000 miles in 2016 which I mentioned before. I have worked out that I need to walk roughly 20 miles a week to achieve it and at the end of the first week I have walked 26, so a good start. Much of it at Criccieth.



I really want to discover some new places, but before I do, just had to revisit my favourites. Although at Criccieth I was very daring and parked the other side of the Castle! 

It was a beautiful evening just as the sun was setting and it cast gorgeous colours over the water, but I just couldn't get a good photo. If I picked up the colour there was no focal point to the photo and it just looked flat, the main interest was on the other side with the light behind me. This is all still very much trial and error with me, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't although I think the working bits are starting to outweigh the non working ones!

Had a walk to Hell's Mouth too which was as fabulous as usual, and to make it even better, not only was the tide out so far that I could explore previously uncharted territory, but also a couple of surfers came out to play!






3rd Challenge is the resolution to do something daft, outrageous or dangerous every month. I think I have January's covered by signing up for the 1000 miles. Can't get much more daft than that! I have a few ideas for future events, some I need to get a bit of weight off for tho. But suggestions always very welcome.

4th Challenge is the diet. Just got to do it this time, and currently feeling very positive, but we all know how long that usually lasts!

Today's hike took me to Llangollen. The day started off very misty and was quite ethereal and beautiful.



I walked from the weir into town, around town, had coffee and walked back again. I have never seen the river so high and wild. All the areas that you could walk on in the Summer were completely covered with raging water, it was actually quite a scary sight.



So wild, and with the mist still hanging, so beautiful.

Lessons Learned: I am actually enjoying the walking. I have been lucky with the weather and visited some wonderful places, so I think there is a good chance I will keep on with this.
Still can't get used to the idea of not having cake with my coffee. It's just not right!

Diet Diary: The walking does appear to be helping and I have lost 5lb in my first week which I am completely chuffed about. So only another 2 1/2 camera bags to go!

Rambling Record: I am going to keep an account of how far I get each week in case anyone wants to follow my progress. 
So week 1, 25.92 miles - 974.08 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment