Saturday 30 January 2016

Week 4 - 100 miles!


I can't quite believe it, but I have walked my first 100 miles in just 4 weeks. Feeling extremely pleased with myself as I really didn't think it would happen so quickly.

I have been trying to keep myself ahead of my targeted 20 miles a week as I know there are going to be some times when I can't get out.
With working 3 days this week I thought I would aim for a really long walk on Monday. I parked at the Pontcysyllte aqueduct and headed for Llangollen, a 9.5mile round trip!

Its a good walk to do as it is mostly flat and you do pass some beautiful scenery and interesting features.


This interesting derelict boathouse was behind a large hotel complex and it seems such a shame.





Then next to it was this gate to nowhere!




The walk to Llangollen was fine. I really enjoyed it. The weather was ok but the landscape got a bit "samey" so I didn't take too many pics.

In Llangollen stopped for coffee and a very small cake (please, I had just walked over 4 miles!) and then headed back. I was ok for the first 2 miles, got a bit tired the next mile but the rest of the walk was hard. I had aches in places I didn't know I had places and every step hurt. My thighs, my hips, my ankles all started complaining and my back pack felt like a small child had climbed in! Most of my layers of clothing had been removed and I have never been so glad to see the car.

Had a bit of an attack of the crazies later on tho as I thought it was a shame I hadn't managed to make double figures, so had a short hike around Ellesmere before the school run. I know, glutton for punishment, but....

The rest of the week has been a bit more sedate with some good but shorter hikes and I am finding it a challenge to keep as local for these as possible. I don't have a huge amount of time between school runs so don't want to be spending most of it in the car. So I am spending a lot of time around Ellesmere and the challenge is to look at things differently so that all the photos don't look the same, after all, the photography is and always has been the priority with all this new stuff I do.



I was very happy with this shot of the warehouse on the Canal Wharf and the 3 ducks taking off at just the right time was perfect. I liked the b&w of this as to me it looks more timeless. I wasn't sure how it would come out as I was shooting into the sun, but I was pleasantly surprised. Fastest shutter speed as possible to capture the birds clearly.

So overall its been a great week. I have hit my 100 miles, booked my extreme activity for February (more on that another time) and had a very interesting invitation from my new young surfer friend that I am seriously considering (and that one I am keeping to myself)

Lessons Learned: I am amazing! I have walked 100 miles in 4 weeks and have enjoyed practically all of it. You never know what you will or won't like until you have a go. So to quote a well known sports retailers slogan "just do it"

Diet Diary: Little disappointing, just dropped a pound this week, had hoped for more, but its still in the right direction and I am extremely determined.

Rambling Record: I may have mentioned previously, but 100 miles!!! In fact 100.31 miles to be exact. Just 899.69 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment