Friday 12 March 2021

Mam Tor, Peak District

Early last year, when Covid was something that was happening to someone else a long way away, I managed to get away for the most fabulous couple of days into the Peak District.

Usually if I get the chance to go away, I head into Wales but I was reliably informed that there were treasures to be experienced in this Country.

In the course of the 2 days I covered a fair bit of ground which I will show you in other posts, but the highlight had to be Mam Tor.

It was a bright January day which was very promising. You can park quite close to Mam Tor which was a bit of a relief as it's quite a long way up!

There were a few people about and when I got to the top I could see why.



















There was the most spectacular cloud inversion. I was literally looking down on clouds and you couldn't see very much else. I have never experienced anything like it.






















At the top the wind dropped, the sun came out and it was just glorious. I took my coat off and sat on it, enjoying the most amazing view and being enveloped in the warmest hug of contentment.





















As it eventually lifted you could see the roads appearing through the mist, like silver rivers promising to take me to all sorts of wondrous places. I was completely transfixed.

But then you always get someone who spoils things by wanting to do something sporty!





































I know I am starting to get a bit more adventurous but throwing myself off a hill top attached to a kite still isn't on my to do list!

But look at that sky people! This was January! Such a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment