Monday 15 March 2021

Winnats Pass

 As part of my fabulous trip to the Peak District before Lockdown struck, I visited Winnats Pass.

I am not at all familiar with this area of the Country so it was fabulous to explore somewhere new. Like many of us, I do have my favourite places and sometimes it is tempting and comforting to stick with those, just in case the new places aren't as good. But of course, if you keep going to the favourites, the photos get repetitive and there are only so many different angles you can shoot Criccieth Castle!

So there I was, spending the most extraordinary couple of days in uncharted territory!












And wow, what an adventure! Standing high up on a hill looking down of the most amazing natural phenomenon, a cloud inversion that I was able later to follow to Mam Tor.






















I hadn't seen anything like it before and haven't since (but then I have hardly left the house since, so that's probably no real surprise!)

And not only that, but to cap it off, a bit of derelict scenery.


















All in all, the most fabulous couple of days ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment