Saturday 11 April 2015

Beth Take Over


Hi everyone! So this one is going to be a little bit different as I'm afraid I've hijacked mum's blog for this entry. My name's Beth and I'm Sharon's eldest, some may even say best, daughter and wanted to see what all the fuss was about with this photography malarkey. So Bank Holiday Monday mum decided to take us all out on one of her crazy adventures to Llangollen, but this time I commandeered the camera. And I'm afraid that this entry will contain no Cadwaladers or men clad in lycra, please don't be too disappointed in me mum!




I'm not even going to pretend like I knew what I was doing, preferring the method of simply point and click, and somehow a few pictures actually turned out ok! Mum's done some magic with lightroom to enhance and optimize, but I think the raw material actually was not too bad.





I really enjoyed the whole experience, it really makes you take in your surroundings and actually look at things. Not just glance over whilst you're thinking about how good the pizza you're having for tea will be, but actually see things. Suddenly it felt like my life depended on getting a good picture, and I spent about half an hour trying to get a very stubborn, yet pretty fish to move itself into plain view. Needless to say that didn't work!

The day was beautiful which really helped as everywhere you looked it was such a pleasure to capture.


The Mushy Bit

I know there's always a highly in demand 'lessons learned' section (Don't worry, I'm getting to it!) but before that I just wanted to let you all know the amazing transformation I've seen in my mum. I've never seen her this brave, and full of life, and I really couldn't be more proud of everything she's achieved since taking up photography. I'm trying not to take it personally as it seems that as soon as I leave for university she's a changed woman, and it's only now she's realised that there's more to life than garden centers and shopping after 20 years dragging me round them ;) Love you mum, and we all can't wait to see how far you can take this!

Lessons Learned

-That age should never restrict you in trying something new

-That walking can be fun, who knew!

-That my sister takes a truly beautiful photo, if anyone is need of a model, don't hesitate to get in touch :-)




4 comments:

  1. Thank you Beth. Fantastic photos and blog. Its already been suggested I retire and let you carry on! Love you and your photogenic sister very much and we will do a lot more walking together. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Lessons learned hahaha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet thing for Beth to say :) Rather moving...

    ReplyDelete