Friday 10 April 2015

Criccieth, Morfa Nefyn and Llyn Ogwen

So now that I have a willing, if occasional, companion on my walks, I decide to share with Carl some of my favourite places. 

So we headed off to start our day. Morfa Nefyn. Carl had played golf at the club there way, way in the past and could remember there being a pub on the beach. Funny what sticks in the memory!

The day was beautifully bright and sunny so I took a chance and left the tripod in the car. I can't actually believe how glorious the weather was. The sky was pure blue and the sea a proper mediterranean sea colour.






You can follow the beach for a long way and most of it was reasonably empty, bearing in mind that it was sunny and in the holidays. All except for the tiny bit of beach around the pub which was packed. Funny that! Think of the pictures of the beach that usually accompany The Sun's "Its a Scorcher" headlines and you'd be heading in the right direction.

However, we still managed to find some pretty beautiful tranquility a bit further around. We followed the path which climbed up the cliffs to the golf course. However, there were people playing so we thought it prudent not to be in the line of fire! Although after watching a couple of people play, the safest place on the course was probably by the pin! Tho I shouldn't mock as it was never anything I was any good at, but with this new found determination, maybe I should have another go!







After Nefyn we decided to head for the mountains. Tryfan to be specific and to see the waterfall near Cwm Idwal. Quite a lot of people around again. I really do think I am going to struggle through the summer when everyone else is out and about too. 




I love this waterfall. If any of you remember my icicle picture, that was taken of the tree sticking out the middle during the winter.




I have been here many times now but never managed to get all the way around the lake. Didn't on this trip either, but got further than I had before, all the way to Devil's Kitchen. Quite impressive. Then the sun dropped below one of the peaks and lit the sides in the most beautiful way.







It was starting to get a bit darker in the shade and I didn't have my tripod, so I upped the ISO a bit but I have realised that although it may be a bit cumbersome, I really should have the tripod with me at all times. I would have liked to have a long exposure attempt on the water, maybe next time when I do finally get all the way round!

So home via Llangollen for a gorgeous curry at The Simla. Its been a long, eventful and completely fabulous day!

Lessons Learned: I must try not to get territorial as just because I have been the only person in many of these places at times, it doesn't make them mine!


1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately as summer progresses Snowdon gets busier and busier. No wonder it is entitled the worlds busiest mountain. At weekends car parks are full by 7 am. It's slightly better on weekdays though.

    ReplyDelete