Friday 20 February 2015

Birthday at Criccieth

Yes, I know. Criccieth again! Well, its my birthday and I'll visit Criccieth if I want to!

Main difference this time was that I was dragging my youngest daughter with me to help celebrate the advancing years! So kitted out with new snow boots and a waterproof coat we ventured outward.

It rained all the way there stopping just long enough to get to Cadwaladers without getting wet. Yes, I know, again, see above! Tho this time there I had the cherry pancake sundae instead of cake and it was completely scrumptious.

Suitably refreshed we hit the beach. I have been purposely avoiding people in my photos as I wanted to concentrate on landscapes, but today I had a willing model and plenty of time, so I played.





There was a very dull sky and the colours very muted, so I have enhanced on Lightroom, which I am finding makes such a difference. It was difficult getting the shutter speed short enough as my daughter was moving and exploring, rather than posing. So put the ISO up to 400 and opened the aperture. These were shot with a telephoto but with no tripod and so I am very pleased with how they came out.






We have no idea who the dog belonged to, but it seemed to enjoy paddling beside Maisie for a while before trotting off.







Couldn't resist one last parting shot of the beach and castle before it starting raining and we headed home. 

I have found that there is something that I seem to be physically incapable of doing and that is shooting a straight horizon. I have to straighten about 80% of my pictures on the computer. Not sure why I should have such a problem with this, but I do. Its easy enough to do on the pc, but annoying to have to. Anyway, I straightened the above picture and it looked more crooked than before, so I adjusted it by eye and it now looks straight to me. I guess that sometimes you have to do things manually.

So then a gorgeous journey home via a misty and atmospheric Snowdon to pizza and birthday cake for tea! All in all, a fabulous birthday.

Lessons Learned: Sometimes you have to trust your own eyes.
Snowboots aren't waterproof, model is wearing Mum's spare wellies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment