Thursday 12 February 2015

Criccieth - again

Needed a beach trip today. Spent all yesterday on the computer and my head hurts! Had to fit it in between school runs but decided there was still time to go to Criccieth. And no, the fact that there was a Cadwaladers there did not affect my decision at all!


It has been observed that I am daft to drive for nearly 2 hours to get to a beach for 2 hours and then drive back again but what I say is... well actually, that's probably true. But what's the alternative, sofa and Bargain Hunt. So out I go.

The challenge today is to get different pictures from the ones I have already taken at Criccieth. So no Castle and very little beach!

I know that this isn't a great photo, but I thought I would share my attempts at having a slow shutter speed on the sea. There wasn't a lot of movement, but it does make it look a lot more milky and I love the spray over the little rock centre left. I am struggling a bit to keep sharp definition of the still areas with using longer shutter speeds. Once I sort it, I will let you know.







I walked as far as I could on the beach and saw maybe 3 other people. I am going to miss the solitude once the summer comes and the beaches are crowded. Turned to take a final look and saw that the place that I had got to was on fire! Don't think that was anything to do with me, but a little unsettling nevertheless, so if anyone out there knows the reason for the fire, would love to know.












Lessons Learned: If your wellies only come up mid calf, don't go up to your knees in the waves.
Remember to replace the dry socks that you used last time you got wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment