Wednesday 25 February 2015

Hells Mouth

After leaving the Copper Mine (see previous post) I wasn't sure where to go. The weather was still drizzly and very misty so chances are any photos wouldn't turn out great. So, where to go. You know when you just get a real urge to go somewhere despite all reason telling you its a daft idea. No? Just me then?

So ignoring all common sense I headed off to Hell's Mouth on the end of the Llyn Peninsula. Cold, windy and raining. Perfect for a walk on the beach!

Although actually, it had stopped raining by the time I got there and there were a few other people milling about. Some looking decidedly sporty and I realised that I was going to get another chance to photograph some surfers!







Learn from my last mistakes and have shutter speed as short as possible to freeze the action, so upped the ISO to 800 and opened the aperture. Managed to get speeds of over 1/2000 which worked so much better for me.






I used the telephoto lens to get as close as I could, but I have cropped in Lightroom to really bring the surfers up close and I am very pleased how they turned out.



So I had a great afternoon. Shot some surfers, visited one of my favourite places and had a paddle in the sea.

Lessons learned: Paddling in the sea in wellies is one of those wonderful things that we grow out of as adults. Well we shouldn't. It is great fun and relaxing too. Like that other wonderful childhood activity, Colouring In. Try it next time you are stressed! Crayons are cheaper than drugs or alcohol!


No comments:

Post a Comment