Friday 20 March 2015

Eclipse

I know that they tell you not to look at the eclipse through anything less than a welders mask, but we all do tho, don't we. I was geared up with good sunglasses and a multitude of filters on my camera so decided to chase the sun.

Headed up towards Horseshoe Pass, nr Llangollen, thought that would be the best place to get an uninterrupted view. Didn't quite make it. Traffic around the school run delayed me a while and only made it halfway up.

So I pulled into someone's drive and jumped out the car and these are what I got.





Not the best photos I have ever taken of course, but I am still not sure how you are supposed to without all the proper expensive gear.




Plus, it all being quite far away doesn't actually help either! Standing in the middle of the road looking out for oncoming traffic tends to distract too.

I have no idea about the eyeball shaped image on this next photo. Not sure if it is a strange light refraction, or whether it is actually a reflection of my eye. Most peculiar.






 Finished the trip off with a hike along Horseshoe Pass which was really quite lovely, but completely forgot to take any photos despite of lugging the whole heavy camera bag and tripod with me. What am I like?!

Lessons Learned: I'll need to master the proper techniques by the time the next one comes around. 2025 isn't it?

If I'm going to write a photo based blog, remember to take the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment