Tuesday 3 March 2015

Ellesmere


Maisie, my youngest daughter, has singing lessons in Ellesmere for half an hour on a Monday evening and I usually sit in the car outside with my Kindle. However, the light was completely perfect and I was only a hop, skip and jump away from the Mere, so I decided to see what was happening there. I decided to travel light and only took the camera.




Any darker and I would have needed the tripod, but I think I just about got away with it, taking the ISO up to 800.

The Mere was covered in gulls of some sort. I really can't tell the difference between birds which I think comes with being brought up a Townie. Now that I am all "outside with nature" I really should learn a bit more. However, I do know that that is a swan in the foreground!







Whenever I plan a trip, I am always heading out for the mountains, or the coast and it is sometimes easy to forget what is on the doorstep and Ellesmere is truly beautiful.

Lessons Learned: There's no place like home, there's no place like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment