Sunday 29 March 2015

Mini Adventure Day 2 Part 3, Point Lynas

My new kayaking friend from Penmon had suggested I visit Point Lynas if I enjoyed lighthouses, so that was my next stop. Again, not the easiest place to find but got there eventually. Sometimes I got the feeling that these were Anglesey's secret places and they wanted to keep it that way, hence no signs and in this case, no parking! Still, with a view like the following picture, I was determined to persevere.




This coastline is so rugged and dramatic. It was a calm day but I can just imagine what the sea would look like in a storm. Imagine those photos!

Its a fair trek to the Lighthouse, but I'm an explorer now, I can do treks! My fitbug was having trouble keeping up with all the steps!


One of the local residents.






The Lighthouse is actually part of a group of buildings. It forms part of a large house with 2 other houses within a walled complex. The whole thing, with loads of land, is actually for sale at the moment so if anyone feels inclined to sponsor me to the tune of £1.375m, let's talk. (If £295k is more within your budget, there is a gorgeous apartment in Criccieth overlooking the sea that I have my eye on)







This is the view from the lighthouse looking back towards mainland Wales. The day was bright so I have had to do very little photo editing to make the colours pop. Just added a little definition. I am still amazed by how much difference a few tweaks on Lightroom can make to a picture.

Many of us have garden seats, but what if this was your garden. I could live there!






Lessons Learned: If I'm going to this kind of adventure again, I might have to hire myself a live-in tour guide or risk spending the rest of my life lost on Anglesey!


No comments:

Post a Comment