Wednesday 21 January 2015

Anglesey November 18th


Another fabulous day. I really am extremely lucky at the moment.

I decided to go really early, but I was like a kid on holiday and too excited to sleep so getting up at 6am was a bit of a struggle but so worth it as I was in Anglesey before 9am. I was heading for the South Stack Lighthouse but decided to stop for breakfast first and followed the signs for services, which took me to Llanfair....gogogoch! I didn’t realise it was there. Its not a proper railway station any more. There is a platform but I don’t think the stationhouse is used. The surrounding ground has been turned into a “shopping experience”. All novelty gifts and celtic woollens which is a bit sad, but having said that, they do a gorgeous gingerbread latte!

I had to do the touristy thing and take a picture of the name, so there went all my credibility as a serious photographer!




On then to the South Stack Lighthouse. The weather has been incredible today, I have been so lucky. It was warm with barely a cloud in the sky. We had been here years before but the weather wasn’t so good then and I didn’t even get out the car, but that was pre-Nun and surfer, things are different now!


The walk to the Lighthouse was easy but once there, there was some clambering to be done to get higher and further along the coast, which was great. The views were spectacular and the sun made all the colours so vibrant, especially the white of the lighthouse. Very pleased with those photos.





Went further down the coast then, to the Stacks. Very dramatic. Got quite brave and got within about a foot of the cliff edge. Sheer drop of about 100ft. At one point here, there was a life ring, but I figure that if you have ended up in the water from there, a life ring isn’t going to do an awful lot of good! 



There were a couple of brave souls canoeing who managed to stay still long enough for me to take a photo from the top of the cliff. Zoom lens a necessity so you don't have to get too close! 












I am going to go back to Anglesey on one of my outings and spend the day going around the whole coast. There is so much to see but I had other things I wanted to do today.

Lessons Learned: Don't forget about places you have already been to. A different time of year, or a different attitude will make a lot of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment