Wednesday 21 January 2015

An unexpected adventure December 2014

Decided to have a go at something different today, so headed to the Llanberis Slate Museum.

New challenge of the day. See what sort of a day I can have with 22p in loose change, plus 8 opal fruits and a walnut whip. Quite a good one actually.
 
Of course that wasn't my original intention, but when I got out the car at the Llanberis Slate Museum and realised that I had left my purse on the dining room table, I had to improvise! I think I may have mentioned it before, but I really shouldn't be let out on my own without adult supervision.
 
So what could I do that was free and that you didn't have to pay to park to do it! Luckily I had about half a tank of petrol, so was good to go exploring which I did. I just drove where it looked interesting and took photos where I could safe in the knowledge that my sat nav would get me home from anywhere. It was actually quite liberating but I probably could never find any of the places I went to again. Had to get back for the school run, so not a full day, but certainly an interesting one. Saw this beautiful statue in a cemetery and just loved it. It was too old to be able to read the inscription, but you certainly got the feeling that whoever it was for was much loved.



 
 
Saw my first proper snow topped mountain, although there wasn't enough snow on it to really take it off my bucket list (climb to the top of, and photograph a snow capped mountain)


   
So Llanberis Slate Mine pencilled in for another day. 
Lessons Learned: Leave a pot of change in the car so that at least you can pay to park somewhere.
Be adaptable and prepared to work with whatever life throws at you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment