Wednesday 21 January 2015

Caenarvon November


Another go at Sunset. Determined to get a good one somewhere. Checked the map to see where would be a good place when the sun went down and decided Caenarvon would be good to try.



It is beautiful there, but haven't been able to get a shot of the castle I am pleased with because of the large car park in front of it. Once I learn how to photo edit, I will airbrush that out!


I have never taken a proper sunset photo before, so again it is all trial and error. It is really cold and I am positioned on the path for ages behind my tripod trying to pretend I know what I am doing. But the results didn't turn out too bad.


You definitely need your tripod and I put it on a 2 second delay to try to minimize as much camera shake as possible. The picture above was actually taken at 1/320 sec ISO 200 f5.6. The one below taken straight after at 1/30 f25. So it just shows what a difference adjusting your settings can make to a picture.







 Lessons Learned: Don't rush and don't be afraid to play around with settings, you may be surprised at the results.
If you act like you know what you are doing, people won't suspect that you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment