Sunday 18 January 2015

September 2014 Pistyll Rhaeadr


I have had an amazing day today. The light and the weather perfect all day.

I decided to head to Lake Vyrnwy, but detoured to the waterfall, Pistyll Rhaeadr before. The countryside on the way there is gorgeous, I really hadn't realised how beautiful it is around here. Wish I'd done this all years ago.
Saw the waterfall first on the approach road and it is breathtaking. Parked up and explored. Hardly anyone about and all you could hear was the rushing of the water. The light was great, so took loads of pics, clambering up and down the banks. I started experimenting with different shutter speeds for the movement of the water and I think I am getting the hang of it a bit. Still a few areas of exposure that need attention, but I'll work on that.    
 
I decided that I needed to get higher so had it in my head to climb up the sides of the gorge. Its steeper than you'd think once you get started and it got a bit difficult but I managed most of it. Part amateur photographer, part mountain goat! Difficult bit came when my lens cap fell off and rolled halfway down. I muttered quietly under my breath, climbed down and then climbed back up again. I have discovered an inner core of strength and determination that I didn't know I had.
 
Coming down was harder than going up and I'm ashamed to say I did most of it on my bottom. Not very elegant and sliding through the bramble patch gave it a whole new dimension (got the scratches to prove it!).


Lessons Learned: Hold on tight to your lens cap and if you are going to be inelegant, make sure there's no one around to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment