Sunday 18 January 2015

Swallow Falls 26th September part 2



I had heard about Swallow Falls and how gorgeous it is meant to be, but again never been there. So I decided it was about time.


I had originally planned to do a 4m walk I found on a website which gave scenic views on the way to the falls, but when I couldn't work out the first part of the walk, I decided it was probably safer not to. Like I said, navigationally challenged! So did the tourist visit, down the designated steps. I seem to be addicted to waterfalls at the moment, in fact most of the pictures I have taken recently have been water based. Must be the Piscean in me!



The Falls are wonderful and I took plenty of pics, again playing around with shutter speeds, but using the tripod and they work so much better. You can photograph from both the top and bottom of the falls and halfway up there is a convenient bench where those of us who are not as fit as we should be can take a well earned rest and pretend we are just sitting to admire the view.




Lesson Learned: Accept your limitations. If you can't walk to the car without getting lost, a 4m walk through uncharted territory is probably not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment